The Business Systems Analyst I is responsible for assisting in the gathering of business requirements from end user(s) (non-management and management) for low risk projects impacting a limited number of business units and to assist in the documentation of findings using simple work flows, spreadsheets, or in a business requirements template. The Business Systems Analyst I also assists in the communication activities between the business unit(s) and the various IT departments located in the Arlington office for all projects, maintenance items and investigations. The documents produced are shared amongst the various IT teams involved between Toronto and Arlington; QA, development, technical architects, PMs and change management to help deliver a business solution.
Application Support (10%)
Audit Compliance (5%)
Reports to: Team Leader of Business Systems
Direct Reports: None
• Minimum 1-2 years working experience in a Business Systems Analyst/Business Analyst
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Financial and/or Leasing exposure is an asset.
• Basic understanding of best practices related to software development life cycle.
· Basic knowledge of Word, Visio, Outlook, and Excel
• Basic analytical skills to assist with problem solving.
• Strong listening, written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Highly motivated and dependable.
· Maintaining one position for long periods of time
· Requirements gathering interviews/meetings
· Document meetings minutes
· Webinars/conference calls
· Normal office environment
· Noise – Frequent
· Travel – Occasional
· Dust – Occasional
· Interruptions – Frequent
· Extreme Temperature – Occasional
GM Financial is an equal-opportunity employer, and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in its employment practices. Employees must meet qualification standards that are job-related and consistent with business necessity and must be able to perform the “essential job duties” of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or medical need, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-866-411-4748.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Your function may not be limited to this and changing duties and responsibilities should be expected to meet changing business requirements.